A unique volunteer opportunity exists within Architects for Peace for a Media and Communications Coordinator to join our Melbourne team. The role is fundamentally accountable for maintaining the organization's communication streams, including preparation and distribution of written content, liaison with key media contacts, managing social media platforms and, ensuring the organization's projects and events are effectively communicated to our global community of more than 25,000 followers.
- Coordinate communications and marketing strategies
- Create content for website, social media, direct marketing and other promotional platforms and channels
- Coordinate social media campaigns via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and MailChimp including: content, design and monitoring
- Support the end-to-end planning, execution and optimisation of digital marketing and advertising campaigns
- Manage and update graphic content for the organization's online and archive resources
- Identify and connect with organizations who may be interested in partnering with Architects for Peace
- Work closely with the team and manage volunteers where required
- Have tertiary qualifications in Communications (Journalism, Public Relations, Media, Marketing
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Ideally 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role in the not for profit sector
- Experience in creating and coordinating targeted social media, digital marketing and advertising campaigns with strong analytical & reporting skills is highly desirable
- The successful candidate will be a team player who is passionate about social justice
Please send your resume to
and we will get in touch with you.